Standard 1, 7 years old, 1999
Chan Sze Hou
Most memorable moment: It was 3rd quarter of the year, my form teacher who taught us Chinese was writing down exam syllabus for upcoming test. My vision was blur due to extensive amount of hours playing computer games and hence not being able to copy down what it was written from the board (I wasn't wearing spectacles still back then). I was seated quite at the back, 7th/8th row from the board. Sze Hou was at the back of me, and hence my only solution was attempting to copy the syllabus by looking at his notes, trying to figure out what word he's writing. I'm weak in my chinese subject because i have zero exposure of it prior from entering primary school. So for me to not being able to copy from board, and needing to look back and interpret what he wrote, and to catch up with his pace is something very hard to do.
I ended up not knowing which syllabus to focus on for that term paper, and didn't manage to do well with it.
Of course that doesn't sound like a best buddy kind of thing, especially it's more of me to him than him to me, but I guess back then when I was young I didn't really know how to have fun with a real buddy. But he's the first person come into my mind since he sat just behind me, which could explain the proximity significance.
Standard 2, 8 years old, 2000
Khoo Jia Jun
Most memorable moment: One of the smartest guy in class. Relied him with homework (copying/peeking for answers) and remember of him a lot due to him seating next to me. Also very good in drawing, and math if my memory serves me right. Back then he's like the smartest guy in the class kind, so it feels good having him to be close to you where you indirectly became friends with him, and everybody loves having a smart friend in class to help you out with your homework. Especially when I was never labeled as smart student in my whole life, having an average of 26 being the highest, and 38 lowest as class standings among roughly 46-48 students each year. Top 10 students in my class are usually filled with girls, so he's one of the selected once to be included into the top 10.
Standard 3, 9 years old, 2001
Lim Shi Zhen
Most memorable moment: Badminton, and introduction to Ragnarok Online private servers. Back then Ragnarok Online is a pay to play game, and us being kids cannot afford to pay the high sustainability price. RM38 is considered as RM3800 to me back when I was a kid which is the price to pay for a month reload play time. His computer is good enough to be able to play that game, and he has a decent internet subscribed at his place, unlike mine. Hence, I find all sort of ways just to visit his place to be able to play the game.
There's one point of time where I lied to my parents saying there's bbq at the weekend at his place. I ended up playing RO the whole afternoon instead, and not having anything as lunch. Mom asked me what I had for bbq when she picked me up, I just blurted out any kind of meat like fish, chicken and beef etc.
Another particular event was worse than that, where I told my transporter I'm not following them back after school, went along with my friend's car back to his place instead. Spent whole day playing up until 8-9pm. I "sort of" informed my parents I'm heading to my friend's place for "project" purpose day before which they didn't hear it clearly. It ended up them being worried about me all day, called my relatives to gathered at my house and search around for me because they thought I got kidnapped or something. I had to kneel in front of the praying table for at least 2 hours before I can go to sleep that night. That was very embarrassing to reach home and seeing all your relatives gives you the "tsk tsk" look.
Standard 4-5, 10-11 years old, 2002-2003
Daryl Wong Chi Chung
Most memorable moment: Lied to me saying his dad is over 100 years old and I believed it. The old days of Kemahiran Hidup (living skills) group project where all the group members gathered up at his place just to have fun, meanwhile his dad is the one completing the project for us. "Our product" always stand out among the rest since it's highly professional work based on our standards, and we easily got high marks from it.
Known for his doctorish curvasive writing, gave me the first impression of letter writing, which his version is the fill-in-the-blanks to complete the paragraph letter. I failed to send back the letter through mail posting though, gave him during class instead.
Also the reason I got my first phone, nokia 3310 at the age of 12 due to his help. Back then having phones are deem as the cool group where we could sms each other and play meaningless miss call when we are bored. Of course I got screwed by my parents when they found out I actually have phone later on.
P/S: I still have the mini picture album you gave to me, which contain just two pictures.
Standard 6, 12 years old, 2004
Lee Min Xiang
Most memorable moment: Kaki bola. Specially active in gathering group of boys in our class and play football at the field near your house after class. That only happens after our UPSR exams, serves as a last moments of us spending time together before the farewell. It was fun and enjoying though, where there's one night we hanged out at his place up until night time. We could just be outside his house, sat down in circles, kick the ball around and joke around as we appreciate our last few moments together as classmates before we depart to our respective secondary schools the following year.
On other hand, we fought with each other before during one fine early morning before class starts. Can't really remember how it went, but you were pissing me off and I threw your mechanical pencil to your face. It gave you a slash on your cheek, like Samurai X kind of cross, but just one slash. Class rep decides to be kepohchi and reported to our form teacher, even though both of us refuse to bringing up further on this case and decide to end it that way. You decide to shrug it off and not putting the blame on me when our form teacher questioned you on who did that slash on your face. We both ended up got canned since fighting is not allowed in school. But I was happy that you decided to let it go and not inform your parents or teacher regarding the slash you got from me at the face, a true friend nonetheless. Will always remember that in my heart, sorry for the scar!!
Tan Jit Heang
Most memorable moment: One the those who sat somewhere near my seat which allowed to me to be friends with. Quite a smart guy, and known to be quite charismatic by the girls. Was very closed with Carmen Chew and Sara Thong, where they always tease with each other every single day (Chasing with one another during recess class?). Back then I had a crush in one of them, so being close with him would seem beneficial to me considering it gives me the chances to be closer to the girls. But of course, jealousy is definitely there, especially I was a fatty bom bom who perceives it hard to gain any girl's attention/interest.
All that aside, still a very good friend though I don't remember much of what we usually do, maybe it's how you were paired with yun yee, and I was paired with yin li. You three were joking, teasing, hoo haa with one another while I entertain myself as an observer. And it just clicks there, perhaps.
Form 1, 13 years old, 2005
Alan Tham Joon Jern
Most memorable moment: Introduction to the online game called gunbound. We compared our ranks and skills with one another. Your Chinese New Year open house where I play gunbound at your place with wireless connection, and got disconnected half way in the game for quite amount of times. Your house is big, and you are a rich guy.
We fought together before once for the same girl we both like, after school just outside field from the school. We were disliking each other by then, I took your bag away, wanting to throw it aside. You were pissed, shouted at me to reclaim your bag back. You snatched it away from my hand, and you spray your water from your bottle to my face and body. I ended up went home tearing, my brother saw me I got bullied, asked me if I need any help. I denied the offer.
The next day, I played mind games and acted cool throughout the day, swap seats back with tek shern to sit with aik boon (it was originally me with aik boon, and tek shern with joon jern on the first few weeks when we are new and don't know each other, aik boon is like my first new friend formed in this school while tek shern and alan were classmates back in primary school), interact with others and making it seems like nothing has happened at all. It worked, because by the second half of the day itself, you started talking back to me and we are friends again!!
Form 2, 14 years old, 2006
Mok Tek Shern
Most memorable moment: The reason I started exploring porn, literally. Got the first source from you, you sharing your experience of porn to me when I haven't join the dark side just yet. And so much more, explicit ones which I won't reveal much here.
Known for your stingyness in sharing with friends, especially when it comes to food. Food = money. One prime example is when you brought cheesebread to class, peng choong was hungry and request to have some bite of it. You actually charge him 1/4 of the portion for 40 cent, which he refused to pay at the end.
Also the one where you challenge peng choong to hang your hand on the chair to reveal the veins, and to see who could last longer. It was funny because you both are suffering from it when the blood circulation is being affected by it, you guys rather suffer in pain than to admit defeat to the other party. You and peng choong would always have something up to do or challenge one another which is really funny to me.
Others involving hanging out at sherwin place everyday before class, or at yours with that one specific day you were playing dynasty warrior with your ps2. Times where we vandalize all our class school tables, thinking that its cool when the table is full of scribbles and our marks of "xx was here". Most importantly, having each other's back when we are frequently bullied by the people in our class.
Aaron Ong
Most memorable moment: DotA. Lent me a solid account which allows me to play at blueserver on frequent basis. Back then I had to share with a friend's account which it's hard for me to play when the account is being used. ReViLioN and ReViLioN2, never forget.
Joined in my class in the middle of the year, and became gaming buddies along side with hwa jem and peng choong, and ocassionally tek shern. A very nice friend, always to help out and showing good sense of trust. Used to hang out a lot at your place, at times staying over just to play games and chill all day. Your mom is really nice person, offering good hospitality when I was at your place, and almost always willingly to pick us up from pyramid back home when we hang out. At times you feel there isn't a need to trouble your mom, where we took bus to pyramid together, quite often in fact. Your house will always be the stop where I wait for my parents to pick me up.
Still remember there's one time we chilled and talked in the bus for two hours plus while on the way back from pyramid back to usj 14 stop, because the bus driver decided to have a break and stopped by the side. It didn't matter with the waiting time, because we certainly enjoyed with our conversation, at least on my perspective. You're like my bus buddy, where I obtain lots of experience from taking bus, allowing me to be very comfortable with taking public bus without fear of being lost or not knowing what to do in given circumstances. 0.70 cent one way non-air cond bus for the win!
Form 3, 15 years old, 2007
Ashton Wong Ken-Zhen
Most memorable moment: Just shifted from SMK USJ13 to SMK Seafield due to parents demand as the school isn't so good with disciplinary or achievement standards, along with me being caught for skipping school. I barely know anyone in the school except for my primary classmates, which they already have their own form of cliques and groups to spend time with. You were the first one who approached me with friendly gesture and intended to be friends with me, knowing that I'm kind off left out most of the time.
You are a really nice guy, which my dad feels it too when your dad and my dad met during report card day. He feels that both of you are really nice people, and a reliable friend to be with. Considering that you were a prefect too back then, you have all the good boy ups which my dad certainly approves, followed by the friendly gesture initiation.
Nothing much to be said, regardless of how we are now, thank you anyhow for making me feel welcomed at new environment, serving me as the building bridges of getting adjusted and feeling comfortable easily over there.
Form 4, 16 years old, 2008
Chan Sze Hou
Most memorable moment: You, again. Enrolled myself into sub-science stream, which you happen to be same too. Instantly clicked considering we knew each other back then. We stayed nearby too, hence convenient for us to hangout together, though it barely happens. Known for barter system of add maths and accounts. You help me with accounts, I help you with add maths.
"11 years of friendship". One you refuse to acknowledge considering we kind of cut from connection in the midst of it. Doesn't matter, still counts to me. Always label the landmark location of my house as "five piece big tree". Literally direct translation.
Lame, and funny. Best joker to entertain us in class whenever we are bored. Conversations will never be dull with your presence. We see it coming from you, but we still fall for it. The only one who managed to make me laugh so much that my cheeks hurt so bad, I beg for it to stop temporarily to allow me to rest.
Form 5, 17 years old, 2009
Saw Wei Zhi
Most memorable moment: 333.15.
"Beauty queen of only eighteen she". "I won't talk, I won't breathe". "I'm colorblind."
Nuff said. (credits to Jun Kang as well)
Both of you are my well deserved homies that help me pass through stages of life deemed as wonderful, and definitely memorable to me.
Thank you for helping in ending my secondary school life in a fashioned way.
Pre-University (AUSMAT), 18 years old, 2010
Steven Chin Hee Chung
Most memorable moment: My first ever official friend in Pre-U introduced during the orientation in groups of 10. Got closest to him among the rest due to highest count of similar subjects taken in our course (English, computer science, and Career & enterprise)
Known for very willing in spending especially in travelling long distance and quality food. Having lunch at bangsar all the way from sunway is near to him. Introduced us quite amount of places with decent food though. Loves taking toll, preferring further distance as long as there is no jam.
Pretty generous in spending on food, willing to volunteering in ordering appetizer/starter to share with all of us, or to treat whoever is seem broke at that moment just so that all of us could enjoy spending time having meal together. Avery friendly and approachable person, though his lame jokes usually don't get the cut, giving cold moments most of the time.
Travelling with trips is easy with his presence, as he is always up for anything that involves fun. Guided me in driving outstation for the first time when I just got my license. Doesn't really count though since he was sleeping throughout the journey and his GPS is the one doing the work. Meanwhile opposite cars were constantly flashing twice, which by right indicating there is roadblock ahead. Being a newbie driver of me not knowing such cultural trends, some form of payment has to be done to ensure our destination to Setiawan can be completed.
The one who brought me to explore places in KL and Bangsar, places which I have close to zero exposure of. First experience of Jogoya included. Brought me once to sungai wang to purchase my then w705 pink phone.
Demand of quality food comes with good cook, fondly remembered by the multiple times of BBQ session at his and Wendee's place where he prepared and provided us sufficient and decent foods to enjoy throughout the night. I used to not eat capsicum, thinking that it's a chilly skin which is spicy, but it is unmannered for me to be picky in his self-prepared satay stick which contains both meat and capsicum. Was somewhat obligated to eat all of it, but ended up enjoyed capsicum ever since as it actually taste sweet and good.
Yap Mun Keong
Most memorable moment: One who tags along with my stupidity. We laugh at stupid things, we do stupid things together, we enjoyed doing stupid things together.
Only got closer to him on second half of the year. How it happened I'm not too sure, but it just that I was being lame to him in class, and he responded the same way, and it just continued that way up until how we are now. Girls will be definitely in part of our topic conversation, never failed at all times. We spit all our shits each time we meet up and laugh our way about it, and then we are fine throughout the day. Lots of meaningless banter, that is our way of catching up when we hangout. Never fails trying to act all cool in front me all the time.
Midvalley is his favorite hangout place. Used to love both pasta places we usually go, complained about the drop of quality, but still visit there later on. Claims he's good in singing, loves karaoke. Cascada, barbie girl, and tarzan & jane is his theme song.
Very cheerful and funny person to hangout with, but can be all serious when fully committed into something, especially in work related matters. There will definitely be laughter with his influence, whichever way it is based from. Not convinced? Try having both of us at one go, and you'll see how we work our way out.
Your 20th birthday celebration will always be remembered, karaoke and steamboat with some form of awkwardness.
I couldn't help myself but to laugh each time I look back our old pictures together lol
Degree (BPSY), 19-21 years old, 2011-2013
Thaneshvaran Dharmananda
Most memorable moment: Both of us are from AUSMAT, he's taken more of science related subjects, while mine is more of art based, and we didn't have same class together. When your friends thought that you both knew each other before hand and refused to believe the opposite, yep. That's how close we are.
I'm also known as his second girlfriend, as quoted by his girlfriend.
The one who break my false perception of me being a very racist person, when my record of having all Chinese as my guy best friend is ruined by this person.
Those of names who are being mentioned above, just want to say thank you very much because you guys were the ones who I look forward to everyday and to rely upon if I needed your help in each part of my timeline throughout my study life. How you see may differ from how I see it is, but you are those who it really matter to me at that point of time, which helped me in growing and shaping myself.
And this marks the day where I am officially graduated in my degree of Psychology. No longer being a student and pursuing studies, moving on to the path of working life. More to learn, more to come. Responsibility rising and maturity peaks, hope all goes well.
Happy Birthday daddy, I love you. Thank you for the hardwork, patience and understanding going through me, especially I'm one of impatience and impulsive son.















No comments:
Post a Comment